Monday, February 15, 2010

Our First Time Snowshoeing

November 17, 2009 Tuesday

Bry took the day off from work and we went out snowshoeing. We gave each other snowshoes as our early Winter gift for each other. The kids were babysat by Kyleah at her house.

We went to Mt Rainier--Paradise (This is where we used to build our igloos and spend the night in them when I was a kid.) It was cold day, and there was a lot of fresh snow, making it a beautiful day to snowshoe. We went out on a closed snow covered road. Our goal for the day was just to get used to our new gear. We stopped at an area with a pretty waterfall and had lunch.
Then we headed back to the car and stopped off at the Sunrise lodge for some coffee, cobbler and ice cream.
It was a wonderful day!

Bry putting on his snowshoes for the first time--in snow!

I'm all ready to go!

Bryan broke the trail and I would follow--I couldn't understand why he would huff and puff!

If I had taken my snowshoes off, I would have been up to my waist.

Bryan had to dig a hole--he brought his new shovel

Here we are at our lunch stop
The valley was pretty behind us.

Bry setting up the camera--
I was quite entertained with his having to run back and sit next to me!

Our waterfall view

Enjoying the day

This bird was the only wildlife we saw until we started driving home and we saw a couple deer.

No comments: