Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Making food for a baby shower at grandma's house

September 11th Friday
Getting ready for Saturday's baby shower

Thursday night I went shopping at Costco for the bulk of the food items--I barely made it there before closing. Friday morning we got up and went shopping at the Metropolitan Market for the rest of the items. I love that store--all the employees are helpful and available, everything they have there is so fresh--i.e. you don't have to pick over their fruits and veggies, you can just grab it and put it in your cart--they don't have anything bad there--everything is perfect. And, to top it off they have carts for kids to push, so Mircea pushed a cart in which we put most of the items. She was amazing the whole trip--a huge help, and a lot of fun. Several people who were leaving as we went in, came back cuz they wanted a look at my kids cuz they thought they were so cute! (I just had to brag about my kids!) It was a fun and quick (because Cea was so helpful) shopping trip. Then we headed to Grandma's where Grandpa would play with the kids while my mom and I put together the sandwiches and pasta salad.
we at lunch at Grandma's and then grandpa and Cea went on a bicycle ride, then they came back and played, then they went for a walk, then they picked pears, then they got into water and soaked all their clothes and shoes. . . They had a lot of fun.
Meanwhile in the kitchen mom used the croissants and put together ham and swiss sandwiches and I put together the pasta salad. Thanks Mom for all the help! I really appreciate it!!!--especially as you were having company over that night as well as on Sunday, and are also busy with painting the back of the house!
I didn't get pics of the food prep, as it wasn't as exciting as pics of the kids. Oh and did I mention the water Grandpa let the kids play in was very gross and had larvae worms swimming in it and everything? YUCK!! It is just one more example of the difference between Grandma babysitting and Grandpa babysitting--Grandma would have at least given them clean water AND taken off their clothes BEFORE they got wet!. SNICKER!


my awesome helper!

her cart is getting full and her attitude is still happy
Casper was bummed he didn't get a cart to push.
We put all the ginger ale in our cart, but that is all we had!

Here she is again! This was a fun shopping trip!


Finally we went to Grandpa and Grandma's house.
There are no pics of mom or me, but this is a bit of what the kids (including Grandpa) did.


On a walk!

Picking Pears

Exploring

More pears! (Cea loved them!)

Her clothes and Casper's clothes are already wet and hanging out to dry.

HMMM I think I will leave the rest of the pics out of this blog! grin!

No comments: