Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Sleep-Over and other big girl activities

Mircea had a sleep-over at her grandparents house (my folks) starting Sunday and ending Tuesday after lunch.
She had a blast! They played games, colored, had tea parties, played with dolls, made cookies, went bicycle riding, plus many other things.

The best part was the phone call we had with her Monday night. . . she said, "Mom, I haven't been fighting with Grandpa or Grandma!" What a good girl!!!

Here are some pics of the time (courtesy of Grandma!)

Bedtime stories with Grandpa
YUM! Corn on the Cob--probably in Cea's top 3 food choices

Riding a bicycle
playing with babies!

We all missed her while she was gone! Casper was quite glad to get her back home!

2 comments:

Grumpy and Dayka said...

Not only corn on the cob BUT Dorothy Lynch!! It does look like she had a great time and of course it was good that she didn't fight with the other grandparents... That would hve been a little tough to straighten out!! :>)

Sean Young said...

What special times... I remember well the few times I slept over at my Grandma & Grandpa's house. They had a TV! For kids who grew up without a TV Aaron and I were glued to that stupid thing. But it was good "together" time with Grandpa. I remember some of the life lessons and valuable things he used to share with us; things like, "Hey, you kids, hush up! I'm trying to watch this game!" Ah, them was the days...